Splash guard for OC1. Tags: Wave Guard or Wave Stop for Outrigger Canoe
Currently for the following Puakea OC1 canoes: Volare, Kahele, Kahe Kai
Enhance your foot well cover with a splash guard. The splash guard will divert water from entering the footwell when pearling or splashing from the bow.
Designed for downwind, big water, and surfing conditions when water may crest over the bow.
- Length: 13″
- Width (at widest part): 8 1/8″
- Height (at tallest part): 1 1/2″
- Weight: 5 ounces
- 3M VHV adhesive tape backing.
- Bungee in center of splash guard for added storage on footwell cover.
- When mounted, your canoe will NOT fit in your canoe bag/cover. Canoe covers are form fitted and do not have enough slack to close when the cover is on.
- Do not mount your canoe to your vehicle etc on top of your splash guard or with the straps over your splash guard.
1. Must wash boat well with soap and water and let fully dry before installing splash guard. The splash guard will not stick for long if the boat is not very cleaned prior to installation.
2. Install splash guard as close to the cockpit as possible on the footwell cover, but be sure all of it is on the footwell cover and not hanging off. Installing the splash guard too far forward towards the nose creates a braking effect, slowing the canoe. Do not install on the canoe deck, this product is designed to be installed on to the footwell cover.
3. You will want the splash guard to be centered on your canoe when installed so measure the centerline of the footwell cover and mark with a piece of tape.
4. When installing make sure you are ready. Once you set the splash guard down, it will stick. The adhesive backing is very sticky and does not allow you to reposition.
1. Take a razor blade and slice through the thickness of the foam adhesive tape backing.
2. Use a citrus cleaner to remove the adhesive and residue on both the splash guard and the footwell cover.
3. You can purchase more of the 3M VHV adhesive foam tape so you can install the splash guard when you are ready to use it again.