Pro Model FAQ
What is included with the Pro Model?
With the Pro Model, your canoe comes with the Pro Model layup, two rudders and upgraded AMC Canvas.
Can I customize paint and graphics on my Pro Model?
Short answer, no.
The primer brushed carbon layup is across the board for all Pro Models. You can choose the color of the logos, but you cannot add graphics or other colors to the design.
Can I have customized colored parts like I see with Team Riders?
No sorry. The Team Riders are the only Pro Models that have this option.
How much lighter is the Pro Model?
The Pro Model hull can weigh as low as 16-18lbs. We accomplish this by removing elements from the paint and layup.
See our weight scale matrix here
What is the additional cost of a Pro Model?
The additional cost of a Pro Model should be discovered through your local dealer, as each dealer might have different costs based on import fees and such.
Roughly, about 20% of the cost of the Standard Performance Layup.
What canoe/surfski can be made as a Pro Model?
Kai Wa’a: Vega, Vega Flex, Ares
Puakea Designs: Volare, Kahe Kai, Kahele
- Pro Model Proprietary Modifications
- 100% carbon layup
- One piece monocoque construction
- 3x atmosphere cure
- Hybrid epoxy polyurethane marine paint
- Choice of 2 Rudders – Ozone Rudders & Model Specific
- Ozone Standard: Standard Surf, Weed and 4″ Flatwater Rudder
- Kai Wa’a Models (Coming soon, specific Kai Wa’a made for Ares and Vega)
- Puakea Models – High Aspect, Grip
- Acrylic Marine Canvas (AMC) cover
- Hybrid carbon i’akos
- Full carbon rudder with a titanium shaft
- High-density foam core hull for added stiffness
- Full carbon pedals
- Hull weight: 16 to 18 lbs is with rudder, tiller, cable, footpedals, seat and velcro, footwell cover (if applicable)
- Ama weight: 3.5lbs to 4lbs
- Comes in Pro Model Brushed Primer (only)
- Can change logo colors, ama, and cockpit (only, no other graphics on hull allowed)
- Additional cost (please contact your dealer for pricing)