OC1 by Puakea
The Volare (which means to fly) was designed for bump riding and for larger paddlers in the flat. While the Kahele is great for flat to small water and lighter paddlers in the surf, the Volare is designed for medium to rough water and larger paddlers in the flat.
The Volare, at 19’-6”, is 3” longer than the Kahele, but has a waterline that is 6” shorter, giving a bit more rocker. The Volare has additional volume under the seat – ?” wider at the waterline. The cockpit has been lengthened and widened. The rudder is further forward to improve control in the surf.
The Volare is the *first Ozone Built production OC-1 to incorporate an adjustable footbrace. The rider can calibrate the trim of the canoe for his height, weight, and water conditions. With this feature, cockpit placement is no longer a compromise.
“We looked at the best parts of the Kahele, and designed a fuller boat for bigger conditions and bigger paddlers maintaining the flatwater speed the Kahele is known for. Our goal is to help paddlers to find their best stroke, be physically comfortable and have the most fun, in as many conditions as they like. The Volare is our latest innovation in the evolution of the OC1.”
The Volare is a larger volume OC1 built for downwind conditions and larger paddlers with an adjustable footbrace.
- 100% carbon layup
- One piece monocoque construction
- 3x atmosphere cure
- Hybrid epoxy polyurethane marine paint
- Footbrace – Zero corrosion Titanium hardware
- Dyneema steering cables
- Adjustable Footbrace / Steering system (Carbon & Titanium)
- Full Carbon I’akos
- Full Carbon Rudder with a Titanium shaft
- High-density foam core hull – for added stiffness
- Mono footwell with single bullet venturi drain
- Carbon foot-well cover (removable)
- High Aspect Rudder (11.25″) & Grip Rudder (10.5″)
- LOA: 19′.6″
Overall length 19ft 6in
- LWL: 18’8″
Waterline length 18ft 8in
- Beam: 16″
- Hull weight: 20lbs
Post your pics with above hashtag on Instagram to connect with other Volare riders