Introducing Vega Flex, the newest intermediate addition to the Kai Wa’a Vega surfski design.
The Vega Flex, a flexible surfski that provides both stability and speed for the intermediate and competitive paddler.
Our goal is simple; We want to incorporate more stability to a performance surfski to allow a larger variety of paddlers a greater experience on the water.
LOA: 20’6” Beam: 18.25”
Kai took the Vega design with all it’s great features and made a few adjustments to create the Vega Flex, for the intermediate competitive athlete.
- Width and height: The Vega Flex has a beam of 18.25 inches while the length is 20 feet 6 inches.
- Center: The cockpit walls are a bit lower than the Vega to allow easier remounting and the seat is wider to accommodate a wider range of paddlers.
- Entry: The nose has a little less volume in height due to the lowered gunwales around the cockpit allowing for less resistance in cross wind.
- Profile: The Vega Flex holds very similar lines to the Vega; from a distance they look identical.
- Drain: The Vega Flex has a scupper drain system underneath the hull that allows for continuous and effective draining.
- Foot brace: Adjustable foot brace steering system that is connected to a spring return rudder for optimal steering.
- Construction: Ozone Built 100% Carbon Fiber Prepreg, in single piece construction. Oven cured with 3x atmospheric pressure.
- Customization: The Vega Flex comes in a variety of colors and can include graphics, if desired.
- Pro Model: The Vega Flex is available as a Pro Model, eliminating 2-3 lbs weight. The logos and cockpit can be a customized color, however, no graphics or color changes to the hull, which is brushed primer.
QUOTE FROM KAI
“I’m really excited to be a part of building a surfski that will allow more paddlers to get out on the water and enjoy what the Vega design has to offer them. The Vega Flex maintains all the important design components of the Vega with small changes to create stability and comfort in using the surfski. Current Vega users have had great fun out on the water and have been really happy with the performance of the Vega.. Now that there is an intermediate competitive ski, I’m stoked more people will get to have the feeling!”